About Leppo Instruments
Leppo Instruments is an engineering firm located at the Oregon Graduate Center. The fifteen-year-old company employs experienced engineers who provide hardware (analog and digital) and software solutions for microprocessor-based products and process control systems.
We have extensive experience in developing hardware and software for products with embedded microcomputers. In addition we have experience with Windows®, Macintosh® and UNIX environments. We are authorized "Mac Developers". Some of our embedded projects involving both hardware and EPROM-based software design are listed:
Hand-held remote unit with graphic backlit LCD, tough screen and 900MHz transceiver provides the windowing Graphical User Interface control for Kenwood Home Theater System.
Total firmware design responsibility for the original Tektronix PhaserPxi Printer. This four-color device prints on ordinary paper and on transparent medium.
Portable Patient Monitor with color LCD / Touch Screen control under Windows®
**Point of Sale Terminals with integrated bar code slot reader. Windows-based software handles 32 terminals for cash and cashless accounting for institutional cafeterias.
**Time and Attendance Time Clock & Bar code Badge Reader for remote installations
Florescence Polarimeter for automatic blood sample analysis
Bone Resonance Spectrum Analyzer for orthopedic diagnosing
DSP and Microcomputer Software for a Hand-held LCD Oscilloscope
Computer-controlled Pallet Manufacturing using hydraulic and DC servos
We designed software for the following desk-top-based applications:
- Windows® virtual instrument implementation for a High Current Source Milliohmmeter.
- Windows® control of measurement instrument using SCPI commands
- Windows®-based Point of Sale system for 16 POS terminals
- GPIB Instrument System Self-test and Diagnostic Software Packages
- Windows® Time Clock Applications Package.
Areas of Experience:
- EPROM-based Real-time Systems 80x88/80x86, 680x0, 6809,6303,8096/97, Z8, Z80, Z180, HD64180, 6502,68HC11, 68HC16,RTX-2000)
- Software Engineering (C, C++, WINDOWS, Delphi, Pascal, FORTH, FoxPro, VB, YACC, ASYST, and numerous Assemblers)
- Motion Control (Hydraulic & DC Servos and Steppers)
- GUI Design for Windows® and embedded systems
- DSP Sound processing, digital oscilloscope implementation and FFTs
- Measurement Hardware and Software (Thermocouple, Acoustic A/D and weather parameters such as pressure, wind speed/direction and humidity)
- Analog and RF Design; Analog filters, phase-locked-loop oscillators to 350MHz, credit card readers, Carrier Band Modems, Bar Code Readers
- Self-test programs and Diagnostics (EPROM-based, downloaded from disk)
- Multi-layer, Printed Circuit Board Layout Capability
- Off-shore Manufacturing Experience in Consumer Electronics
**Leppo Instruments proprietary product